Events Box: Sept. 10, 2015

Looking for things to do this weekend? Here's some of what's going on in Boston and the Tufts community:

Back Bay Night Out:In partnership with the Back Bay Association and Boston magazine, The Shops at the Prudential Center will be hosting a neighborhood-wide celebration of the Back Bay business community, featuring a variety of in-store sales and special events throughout the Back Bay and at Prudential Center. (Thursday starting at 5 p.m. at The Shops at Prudential Center. Admission is free. Tickets are not required.)

“A Night of Hypnosis” with Artoun Festekjian: Tufts senior and hypnotist Artoun Festekjian will perform for an audience by hypnotizing volunteers for the entertainment of all in attendance. (Thursday at 9:30 p.m. in Cohen Auditorium. Tickets are available at the info booth in the Campus Center and on Tufts Tickets. Admission is free.)

Fall Gala: At Fall Gala, the annual kickoff party to the academic year, there will be live music from Sweet Tooth and the Sugar Babies, food, lawn games and more. (Friday at 6:30 p.m. on the Academic Quad. Doors close at 8 p.m. Tickets are $10.)

Back to School BBQ with Alpha Omicrom Pi and Theta Chi: Celebrate the end of the first week of class with burgers and hot dogs, music, games and the brothers and sisters of Theta Chi and Alpha Omicron Pi. (Sunday at 1 p.m. Admission is free. No tickets required.)