What's up this weekend

Looking to make your weekend artsy? Check out these events!

Art in April: The annual Art in April exhibition in Dowling Hall celebrates the work of artists at Tufts, SMFA and the combined degree program. This year's theme is "Work in Progress," and students reacted to the theme with works in painting, photography, print, sculpture, video, animation and other various media. There will be live music, delicious free food catered by Danish Pastry House and an interactive art piece at the opening, allowing students to see artwork and create some of their own. (Friday at 4:30 p.m. in Dowling Hall, 7th floor. Admission is free. No tickets required.)

Sarabande Presents: Wild Youth: Come see Sarabande perform its spring semester show. The group will showcase dances in ballet, jazz and contemporary styles. The show’s theme will celebrate the wild days of yore and youth. Other groups to perform include SOC, La Salsa, Envy, Turbo, Jumbo Raas, Balroom, Pulse, Tamasha, Bhangra and Middle Eastern Dance. There will be a bake sale at both nights of the performance, proceeds of which will go to one of two important causes: Thursday's bake sale benefits the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, while Saturday's benefits the National Parkinson Foundation. (Tonight at 9 p.m., Saturday at 8 p.m. in Cohen Auditorium. Admission is free. Tickets are available from Sarabande dancers and in the Cohen Box Office.)

The Ladies of Essence Present: Ego:  The Ladies of Essence will be performing songs by Beyoncé, Drake, India.Arie, Mario and more. The a cappella group will be joined by performances by BlackOut Step Team and Tufts’ S-Factor. (Friday at 8:00 p.m. in the Crane Room. Admission is free. No tickets required.)

Enchanted Presents: (Un)Frozen: Big Summer Blowout: Enchanted will be singing a medley of Disney songs to celebrate the arrival of Spring. Special guest Major: Undecided will also be performing. (Friday at 9 p.m. in Goddard Chapel. Admission is free. No tickets required.)

Tufts Spring Comedy Fest!: Tufts Stand-Up Comedy Collective presents its last show of the semester. Come for some laughs as you enjoy the hilarious routines of Tufts comedians. (Friday at 10 p.m., Dewick Dining Center. Admission is free. No tickets required.)

sQ! turns 20 (but is pretending it's not washed up yet): Join sQ! as it celebrates its 20th birthday (as an a cappella ensemble) and sings songs and dances dances. Performances will focus on youth and not being washed up (yet.) Tufts BEATs will also be performing with sQ! The event is being held in Goddard Chapel, so the group asks that attendees dress appropriately. (Saturday at 8 p.m., Goddard Chapel. Admission is free. Tickets are available at the info booth in the campus center and online.)