What's up this weekend

Looking to make your weekend artsy? Check out these events!

Bernadette Peters in Concert: Bernadette Peters, Broadway and television star -- known for work on Broadway shows such as “Annie Get Your Gun” (1999 revival) and “Song and Dance”(1985 on Broadway) as well as the TV show “Smash” (2012 - 2013) -- is performing at Tufts! Two complimentary rush tickets will be given per student who presents a valid Tufts ID. The line for tickets begins at 6 p.m on Saturday afternoon. There will be a simulcast in the Varis Lecture Hall during the performance for anyone who does not get a ticket. (Saturday beginning at 8 p.m. in Distler Performance Hall. Free with presentation of valid Tufts ID and ticket.)

SAC Halloween Party: Tufts Art Gallery’s Student Advocacy Council is hosting a Halloween party at the Tufts Gallery to start out Halloween weekend. There will be free food, an open bar, a costume contest and a raffle. Tufts homegrown band Shark Saddle will be performing. (Friday at 7 p.m. in the Tufts University Art Gallery. Admission is free.)

Halloween Horror Film Festival: Organized by TUTV and the Tufts Film Series, the Halloween Horror Film Festival will screen a series of “found footage horror films” made by Tufts students. (Friday at 7 p.m. in Barnum 008. Admission is free.)

The Rocky Horror Picture Show: A Queer Film Extravaganza!: Co-sponsored by the Tufts Film Series and Tufts Burlesque, come in costume to the Halloween spectacle of “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” (1975). This is an event with audience participation and “shadow cast performances.” The event is BYOP (bring your own props) but there will be no rice, confetti or toast allowed. (Friday at 9:30 p.m. in Barnum 008. Admission is free.)

Sunday at Tufts -- Community Concert Series present The World is a Cabaret: Come and enjoy cabaret and tango music performed by performance faculty soprano Carol Mastrodomenico and pianist Thomas Stumpf. Also performing are Michael McLaughlin on the accordion and Fausto Miro on the flute. Songs performed will include pieces by Schoenberg, Weill and Piazzolla. (Sunday at 3 p.m. in Distler Performance Hall. Admission is free.)