Where you read it first | Sunday, October 6, 2024

Events on the Hill: Week of Dec. 4

MONDAY

President of the Republic of Croatia

Details: Croatian President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović will give the Charles Francis Adams Lecture at the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy.

Where and When:ASEAN Auditorium; 5 p.m.

TUESDAY

“Statehouse Strategy: Finding Common Ground for the Commonwealth”

Details:Massachusetts Senate President Stan Rosenberg and House Speaker Robert DeLeo will be speaking at a Civic Life Lunch sponsored by the Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life.

Where and When: Rabb Room, Tisch College; 12 p.m.

“Budget Transparency Town Hall”

Details: Students will be able to ask questions about tuition increases, budget changes and the Schools of Arts & Sciences and Engineering deficit to members of the administration — including President Anthony Monaco, Provost David Harris, Dean of Arts & Sciences James Glaser and Executive Vice President Patricia Campbell. The event is sponsored by Tufts Community Union (TCU) Senate and Tufts Student Action.

Where and When: Alumnae Lounge; 5 p.m.

WEDNESDAY

"Indigenous Journalism: After Standing Rock"

Details: Tristan Ahtone, an award-winning journalist who has reported for several national news organization and a member of the Kiowa Tribe, will speak about the growing practice of indigenous journalism and how the media can better cover indigenous communities. The event is part of the Indigenous Speakers Series and is co-sponsored by Indigenous People's Day at Tufts and the Media Advocacy Board.

Where and When: Crane Room, Paige Hall; 7 p.m.

THURSDAY

“Medford/Somerville Rent and Housing Affordability Panel”

Details:Tufts Democrats and the Tufts Progressive Alliance are hosting a panel on gentrification in Somerville and Medford and the impact of the Tufts community on rising rents. The panelists are lecturer in the Department of Urban and Environmental Policy and Planning Laurie Goldman, Somerville Alderman at Large-elect Stephanie Hirsch and Ben Echevarría, executive director of The Welcome Project, an organization which seeks to empower immigrants in Somerville.

Where and When: Braker Hall 001; 8 p.m.