'Enough Said' brings relatable warmth

Although many successful movies are characterized by heavy drama, sometimes showcasing life's simple, everyday interactions can make a film even more emotionally effective. Enough Said," written and directed by Nicole Holofcener, depicts the romantic and personal travails of a middle-aged woman in suburban California. While the plot initially may not appeal to the college-aged crowd, the movie perfectly captures the triumphs and difficulties of average relationships - a theme that viewers of all ages can enjoy.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus stars as Eva, a flawed massage therapist. Louis-Dreyfus is incredibly adept at physical comedy, known most famously for her role as Elaine in "Seinfeld"(1989-1998). Through her body language and posture, Louis-Dreyfus makes Eva an open and relatable character - her facial expressions display every ounce of frustration and hope Eva feels. Holofcener takes full advantage of her lead's skills by featuring close-up shots of Eva's face during tense moments. In this way, the audience is able to gauge the effect of various events on Eva's life and experience the story through her perspective.

James Gandolfini plays opposite Louis-Dreyfus as the film's leading man. His brilliant performance as Albert is even more poignant in light of Gandolfini's untimely death earlier this year. Although he is known for his playing the intense and violent Tony Soprano on "The Sopranos" (1999-2007), Gandolfini shows that he also had a knack for comedy. Unlike Eva, Albert is reserved - his emotions are visible only in his eyes. It is the contrast between the two that makes their love story incredibly beautiful and heartbreaking