Aaron Leibowitz | The Fan

The Angels will improve with Trout, Pujols and Hamilton, but they'll still finish behind the Rangers and A's. 

The Astros are a disaster, but if prospects like Springer and Correa get called up they may become watchable in July.

The Athletics will win a third straight AL West title due to a strong pitching staff, a platoon-powered lineup and a ridiculously deep bullpen. The Blue Jays have basically the same team as last year, which, despite some pop, won't be enough.

The Braves will earn a Wild Card spot with the recently locked up core of Freeman, Simmons, Heyward, Teheran and Kimbrel. The Brewers won't be terrible if Ryan Braun rakes, but there's no way they can match the Cardinals and Reds.

The Cardinals will win the World Series, not only because they're talented, but also because they have remarkable depth at every position. 

The Cubs will be waiting until next year - their specialty - unless Anthony Rizzo and Starlin Castro both become superstars.

The Diamondbacks could crack .500 if Paul Goldschmidt shines, Mark Trumbo hits 30 homers and Patrick Corbin improves. The Dodgers are loaded across the board, and they will win the NL West even if YasielPuig is not Superman.

The Giants will improve significantly after a down year and face the Braves in the NL Wild Card game. The Indians won't approach 92 wins again without Ubaldo Jimenez and Scott Kazmir.

The Mariners may have Robinson Cano, but he'll be lonely in a lineup with too many question marks. The Marlins will take a big step forward with a young core headlined by Giancarlo Stanton and Jose Fernandez.

The Mets - God bless their Harvey-less souls - will win 74 games for a third straight year, or 76 if they sign Stephen Drew. The Nationals, if on-paper rosters mean anything, will reach 90 wins behind the best pitching staff in the NL.

The Orioles boosted their chances by signing Jimenez and Nelson Cruz, but like the Jays, they're doomed in the AL East. The Padres feature exciting young talent like JeddGyorko and Yonder Alonso, but they lack a superstar - unless Chase Headley has a huge year.

The Phillies are way too old: They entered Spring Training with eight players 35 years or older and 17 players 30 years or older. The Pirates will be good for years to come, but their failure to re-sign A.J. Burnett suggests a repeat of last season's results is unlikely.

The Rangers have an imposing lineup with Prince Fielder and Shin-Soo Choo, and they will battle the A's down to the wire. The Rays will reap the benefits of re-signing David Price, winning the AL East behind four young pitching studs.

The Red Sox will challenge the Rays and become a Wild Card team as they lean a bit too much on youngsters like Will Middlebrooks and Jackie Bradley, Jr. The Reds, despite a stellar rotation and bullpen, feature a lineup with just enough holes to miss the postseason.

The Rockies might have a shot if Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez stay healthy, but don't you dare count on it. The Royals won't make the playoffs, but they will compete into September as their young lineup progresses. 

The Tigers will reach the World Series thanks to a trio of Cy Young candidates: Verlander, Scherzer and Sanchez. 

The Twins will restlessly await the arrivals of Byron Buxton and Miguel Sano as the big league team continues to disappoint.

The White Sox may stink slightly less than the Twins if Cuban first baseman Jose Abreu lives up to $68 million worth of hype. 

The Yankees will win zero games and lose 162.

Aaron Leibowitz is a senior who is majoring in American studies. He can be reached at Aaron.Leibowitz@tufts.edu.