Where you read it first | Saturday, October 19, 2024

Susie Church | Food Fight

If you're a vegan or veg head, I'd stop reading right here and now - this one's for the carnivores out there. This week I went on the hunt to find the juiciest, most tender burger at two famous and beloved burger joints in our area: Boston Burger Company and Mr. Bartley's. Read on to see which one is the heartier of the two.

Boston Burger Company was my first victim. On a Sunday afternoon I walked into Davis Square with a friend, hoping to beat the infamous lines I always witness while waiting for the Joey. The menu at Boston Burger Company is intense. While they do offer a basic burger, cheeseburger and a make-your-own burger, the possibilities extend into the wild and crazy. Inside, burger anatomy guides decorate the walls to help customers visualize its craziest creations. The restaurant is known for dishes like the "Artery Clogger" - "a deep fried, beer battered burger topped with bacon, American cheese and BBQ sauce"; the "Vermonster" - maple mayo, sharp cheddar cheese, caramelized granny smith apples, red onions, maple syrup and bacon" and the "420 Burger" - "American cheese, bacon, golden BBQ sauce, mozzarella sticks, onion rings, French fries and mac and cheese bites." I decided to put aside my pride during the meal and ordered the "Hot Mess." Topped with American cheese, pickles, jalape