Notable Tufts alumni

Jumbos have gone on to do great things armed with a Tufts degree, whether it's winning an Olympic medal or founding a Fortune 500 company. This list is not all-inclusive, but here's a quick look at what you can accomplish with a Tufts education.

Barbara Delinsky: Earned her bachelor's degree in psychology in 1967 and went on to write 19 New York Times bestsellers.

David Costabile: The actor graduated in 1989 and has played supporting roles in more than 20 television shows. He plays Gale on "Breaking Bad" and Daniel Hardman on "Suits."

DovCharney: Legend has it that the founder and CEO of American Apparel started the retail business out of his dorm room at Tufts.

Ellen Kullman: The former director of General Motors graduated in 1978 with a degree in mechanical engineering and currently serves on the university's Board of Trustees.

Gregory Maguire: Received his Ph.D in English and American literature from Tufts and went on to publish "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West" (1995), upon which the Broadway musical is based.

Hank Azaria: Frequented the Balch Arena Theater on campus during his time here and has since won four Emmy awards for his voiceovers on Fox's "The Simpsons" as Moe Szyslak and Chief Clancy Wiggum.

KostasKaramanlis: The former prime minister of Greece earned his master's degree and Ph.D from the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy.

Leslie Gelb: President emeritus of the Council on Foreign Relations, a nonprofit organization that specializes in foreign policy and international affairs.

Michelle Kwan: An Olympic figure skater who took the silver medal in 1998 and bronze in 2002. She graduated from Fletcher in 2011.

Peter Gallagher: The actor, appearing in the TV series "Covert Affairs" and "The OC," graduated from in 1977 after having been a part of the Beelzebubs on campus.

Peter Roth: As the president and chief content officer of Warner Brothers Television, he helped develop the TV drama "The West Wing" after graduating in 1972.

Pierre Omidyar: The founder and chairman of eBay graduated in 1988 with a degree in computer science.

Rick Hauck: The former fighter pilot and NASA astronaut received his degree in physics from Tufts in 1962, where he participated in the Reserve Officers' Training Corps program.

Roderick MacKinnon: The School of Medicine graduate won a Nobel Prize in chemistry in 2003 for visualizing the opening and closing of potassium ion channels in cell membranes.

Roy Raymond: The founder of Victoria's Secret graduated from Tufts and within the first five years of business made a gross profit of $6 million per year.

Tracy Chapman: The four-time Grammy award winning singer-songwriter graduated in 1987.

William Moulton Marston: A comic-book writer and creator of the character Wonder Woman.

Zander Kirkland: Carried the flag for Bermuda in the 2012 Olympics. An All-American sailor at Tufts, he and his brother were the first Bermudan skiff sailors to qualify for the Olympics.