What's Up This Weekend

Looking to make your weekend artsy? Check out these events!

Zumba Fitness: Dance your way to fitness with a fun class in Zumba! This cardio dance combines hip-hop, Latin and a huge array of different styles that are guaranteed to get your heart rate up and strengthen your core. The class is taught by UnaDonegan, Friday morning at 10:30 a.m. in the Hill Hall Aerobics Room. Bring $5 in cash if you're a drop in, or buy a pass ahead of time; see http://www.tuftsstudentresources.com/shop/fitness for more information.

George Clinton & The Parliament Funkadelic: Enjoy the glorious rhythms of one of funk's original maestros. Get out to Wilbur Theater tonight at 8:00 p.m. Tickets are $32 to $40. The venue is located at 246 Tremont Street, Boston, Mass., 02116.

Glass Sculpture: Ghost Orchids: Master artist Siobhan Healy uses his glass blowing skills to replicate the eerily beautiful ghost orchid in rich sculptures. The exhibit is at the Harvard Museum of Natural History in Cambridge, and is open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Stephen Petronio Company: The renowned dance company will perform a dance and visual art exhibit at the ICA through World Music CRASHart tomorrow. Tickets are $36 for students; the show runs from 7:30-9:30 p.m., with a 30-minute pre-show talk and a question-and-answer session immediately after.

--

compiled by the Daily Arts Department