| Visiting the Hill this Week

MONDAY"The New Faces of Global Health"Details: Three panelists with experience in the global health field will discuss possible solutions to the HIV/AIDS pandemic and the unique challenge of eradicating the disease within the next 30 years.When and Where: 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.; Barnum Hall, Room 008Sponsors: Institute of Global Leadership, BUILD, the Undergraduate Global Health Network, GlobeMedTUESDAY"Vanity Fair, The Fetishism of Colonial Commodities, and The Intimacies of Four Continents"Detials: Lisa Lowe, professor of comparative literature at the University of California, San Diego, will discuss her forthcoming book, "The Intimacies of Four Continents." Lowe, who this year is serving as a University of California President's Faculty Research Fellow and working at the W.E.B. Du Bois Institute at Harvard University, has focused her research on globalization and orientalism.When and Where: 4:45 p.m to 6:30 p.m.; Tisch Library, Room 304Sponsors: Department of EnglishWEDNESDAY"Hajj in the Time of Cholera: Pilgrim Ships and Contagion from Southeast Asia to the Red Sea"Details: Eric Tagliacozzo, associate professor of history at Cornell University, will address the relationship between the Hajj and health though an examination of the cholera and the historical influx of the hajji traveling on steamships from Southeast Asia to Mecca, Saudi Arabia.When and Where: Cabot Intercultural Center, Room 206Sponsors: Center for South Asian and Indian Ocean StudiesTHURSDAY"ENVS Lunch & Learn: The Ecovillage Model?Opportunities and Limitations in Rural America"Details: Libby Mahaffy, who graduated last year with a degree from the Department of Urban and Environmental Planning and Policy, will give a lecture about her thesis: "A Town and its Ecovillage."When and Where: 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.; Lincoln Filene Center, Rabb RoomSponsor: Environmental Studies Program

--