Where you read it first | Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Visiting the Hill this week

MONDAY"Jeanne and Martin Sussman Endowed Lecture in Chemical & Biological Engineering"Details: Professor Enrique Iglesia from the University of California, Berkeley will present on "Nanostructures and Nanospaces in Catalysis."When and Where: 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.; Coolidge Room, Ballou HallSponsor: Department of Chemical and Biological EngineeringTUESDAY

"Transnational Guinea Pigs"Details: Assistant Professor Mar?­a Elena Garci?? from the University of Washington will speak about the transnational process and its consequences, specifically highlighting the case of the Andean guinea pig. When and Where: 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.; Sophia Gordon Multipurpose RoomSponsors: Office of the Dean of Arts and Sciences, Department of Anthropology, Latin American Studies Program, Tufts Museum StudiesWEDNESDAY"Tisch College Research Prize"Details: Professor Doug McAdam from Stanford University, the winner of this year's Tisch Civic Engagement Research Prize, will discuss "From Freedom Summer to Teach for America: Understanding the Impact of Youth Activism."When and Where: 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Rabb Room, Lincoln Filene CenterSponsor: Tisch College of Citizenship and Public Service"Is Manliness for Men Only?Details: Professor of Government Harvey Mansfield from Harvard University will discuss what it means to be manly in today's gender?neutral society.When and Where: 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.; Barnum 104Sponsor: Tufts RepublicansTHURSDAY "Mechanical Engineering Seminar Series"Details: Associate Professor Demoz Gebre?Egziabher from the University of Minnesota will be presenting on "In?situ Step Size Estimation Using an IMU and a Kinetic Model of Human Gait."When and Where: 3 p.m to 4:15 p.m.; Nelson Auditorium, Anderson HallSponsor: Department of Mechanical EngineeringFRIDAY"Philosophy Lecture"Details: Hubert Dreyfus, the Edward A. Dickson Professor Emeritus at the University of California, Berkeley, will present on "The Myth of the Pervasiveness of the Mental: Merleau?Ponty vs. John McDowell on Ground?Level Coping."When and Where: 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.; Eaton Hall Room 206Sponsor: Department of Philosophy

--