Visiting the Hill this week

TUESDAY"Managing Without Growth: Slower by Design, Not Disaster"Details: Economist Peter Victor will present his reasoning for challenging the idea that economic growth should be an economic policy priority of wealthy nations.When and Where: 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.; Cabot 702Sponsor: The Global Development and Environment InstituteWEDNESDAY"Challenges to the UN: Institutions and Issues"Details: Peter Maurer, permanent representative of Switzerland to the United Nations (UN) will discuss the issues he dealt with during his experience with the UN.When and Where: 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Cabot seventh FloorSponsors: Swiss Consulate, The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy and The Fletcher United Nations Club"Socialism in a Top Hat"Details: Elisa New, professor of English at Harvard University, will discuss her new book "Jacob's Cane: A Jewish Family's Journey from the Four Lands of Lithuania to the Ports of London and Baltimore."When and Where: 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Center for the HumanitiesSponsor: Center for the Humanities"Is God the Problem or Solution to Racial Injustice?"Details: Dr .Anne C. Bailey, social historian in the departments of history and Africana studies at Binghamton University, will discuss the role of faith in racial reconciliation.When and Where: 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.; Pearson 104Sponsors: Tufts Christian Fellowship, Office of the University Chaplain"Israel 101: Yaakov Katz"Details: Yaakov Katz, military correspondent and defense analyst for The Jerusalem Post, will discuss his experience reporting on Israel's military endeavors.When and Where: 12 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.; Eaton 206Sponsor: Friends of IsraelTHURSDAY"Chaplain's Table: A Look at Religion"Details: Father Nick Kastanas from the Greek Orthodox Church in Arlington will speak on the Greek Orthodox Church today.When and Where: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.; Goddard ChapelSponsor: Office of the University ChaplainFRIDAY"Just Because I'm Nice, Don't Assume I'm Dumb"Details: Harvard Business School Professor Amy Cuddy will discuss the effects of the outcomes of warmth and competence judgments in people's social perceptions.When and Where: 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.; Paige Hall, Crane RoomSponsor: The Diversity and Cognition Lecture Series

--