Scroll left and right through this interactive timeline to see the progression of Tufts’ involvement in Bernard Madoff’s $50 billion Ponzi scheme, from the university’s 2005 investment in the Ascot Partners hedge fund to Madoff’s arrest and Tufts’ realization that it had lost over $20 million in endowment funds.
Click each item on the timeline to read a more detailed description of the event and its significance.
Past Madoff story coverage:
- Jan. 1: For exclusive access, Tufts was willing to pay
- Jan. 1: President, trustee chairman urge patience as internal investigation proceeds
- Jan. 1: Editorial | Avoiding hurried conclusions
- Dec. 24: Tufts says New York Times reference to trustee chairman was misleading
- Dec. 22: Tufts has array of legal options in wake of Madoff loss
- Dec. 22: Document | Lawsuit against Ascot Partners
- Dec. 21: After $20 million loss in Madoff scandal, Tufts maintains it met investing standards
- Dec. 19: Tufts loses $20 million in Madoff scandal