From the Editor-In-Chief | Give us your 'Best'

Every year, local publications including Boston Magazine, the Improper Bostonian and the Boston Phoenix publish an issue focused on the "Best of Boston" (or "Boston's Best," or some other configuration of the words "Boston" and "Best").

Here at the Daily, we do something similar. It's called "Best of Tufts," and as the incredibly creative name would suggest, it's a survey focused on the Hill, as well as the city just beyond it.

Do you have a deep and abiding love for Brown and Brew's chocolate croissants? Do you have a full-blown addiction to the Full City coffee at the Rez?

Is there a professor about whom you write "[Your Name Here] hearts [Professor's Name Here]" in the margins of your notebook every class period?

Did a certain lecturer who came to Tufts this year change your life (or at least make you think about life differently for a day or two)?

Is there a local barber/hairdresser to whom you've sworn a lifetime allegiance and whose praises you sing at every opportunity? How about a restaurant that has served you well when it comes to wining and dining potential paramours?

Well, now's your chance to make all of that known. The floor is yours. Every day this week, page four of the Daily will include a half-page "Best of Tufts" ballot. Fill it in, rip it out and drop it off at our office by noon on Friday.

We're in the basement of Curtis Hall, and we can't wait to read your responses.

The completely unscientific results of survey the will be published in the last regular Daily of the year, which comes out Mon., May 1.

And oh, as far as the professor-lovin' goes, don't worry: Ballots are anonymous. Your secrets are safe with us.

- Patrice H. Taddonio, Editor-in-Chief