Visiting on the Hill

MONDAY 

“Master Class and Q&A with Tufts Alum Joel Perez

Details: Broadway actor Joel Perez (LA '08) will lead a Question & Answer session with students, along with teaching a Master Class. Perez currently stars in the Tony Award-winning Broadway production of “Fun Home.”

When and Where: Q&A: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m., Balch Arena Theater, Aidekman Arts Center Master Class: 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m., Balch Arena Theater, Aidekman Arts Center

Sponsors: TuftsAS&E Diversity Fund, the Department of Drama and Dance, the Latino Center, the LGBT Center, the Latino Studies program and the Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies program. "Gender, Art and Women Artists in Amman!"

Details: Anthropologist Aseel Sawalha will discuss how female artists in Amman, Jordan have shaped city culture.

When and Where:6:30 p.m. — 8:30 p.m., Room 206, Cabot Intercultural Center

Sponsors: The Middle East Studies program and the Equal Educational Opportunity Committee's Diversity Fund

TUESDAY

"Islamophobia and Muslim Participation in American Politics: Empirical Evidence"

Details: Dr. Karam Dana, assistant professor of Middle East and Islamic Studies at University of Washington, Bothell will present a lecture based on his public opinion research on Muslim Americans.

When and Where:5:45 p.m. – 7:15 p.m., Room 205, Cabot Intercultural Center

Sponsor:Fares Center for Eastern Mediterranean Studies

WEDNESDAY

"Beyond Binaries: Identity & Sexuality workshop with Robyn Ochs"

Details: Award-winning activist Robyn Ochs will host an interactive workshop exploring labels, identity and the landscapes of gender sexuality.

When and Where: 7:00 p.m., Alumnae Lounge

SponsorLGBT Center

THURSDAY

"2016 Africana Studies Distinguished Lecture"

Details: Craig Steven Wilder, author of Ebony and Ivy: Race, Slavery and the Troubled History of America's Universities will discuss his 2013 book. There will be a student-led discussion following the lecture at the Center for the Study of Race and Democracy.  

When and Where:5:00 p.m. — 6:30 p.m.Breed Memorial Hall

Sponsors: The Africana Center and the Center for the Study of Race and Democracy