Visiting the Hill this week

TUESDAY

"Tisch College Distinguished Speaker Series: Social Innovation Forum"

Details: Three social entrepreneurs will participate in a panel discussion on business-based social innovation and helping communities through sustainable organizational development. Panelists include Michael Brown, CEO and co-founder of City Year; Abby Falik, founder and CEO of Global Citizen Year and Kirsten Lodal, CEO and co-founder of LIFT. 

When and Where: 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m., Alumnae Lounge

Sponsors: Jonathan M. Tisch College of Citizenship and Public Service, Tufts Gordon Institute Entrepreneurial Leadership Program, Tufts Social Impact Network

WEDNESDAY

"The Partisan Divide: Congress in Crisis"

Details: The Tisch College Distinguished Speaker Series brings former Congressmen Mark Frost (D-Tex.) and Tom Davis (R-Va.) to campus to discuss their recent book, "The Partisan Divide: Congress in Crisis" (2014). Frost and Davis will discuss their unique perspective on partisan gridlock in Congress from their experience as chairs of their respective parties' campaign committees.

When and Where: 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., Ballou Hall Coolidge Room

Sponsors: Jonathan M. Tisch College of Citizenship and Public Service, Department of Political Science

"Using Behavior Analysis to Benefit Shelter Dogs"

Details: Terri Bright, director of behavior at the Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals -- Angell Animal Medical Center, will discuss how learning theory and behavioral modification techniques can be used to help shelter dogs shed difficult behaviors and become healthy and happy pets. The results of a research study investigating the success of one of the Center for Shelter Dogs' programs to improve canine behavior will also be discussed. 

When and Where: 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., Braker Hall 001

Sponsor: The Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine's Center for Shelter Dogs

THURSDAY

"New England Groundfish: A Story About Managing People"

Details: Brett Alger, a fishery management specialist at NOAA Fisheries, will discuss the New England groundfish industry, focusing on efforts to manage the stock supply of Atlantic cod and the future of the management of New England groundfish species. Alger's lecture is part of the Environmental Studies Lunch and Learn speaker series.

When and Where: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m., Lincoln Filene Center Rabb Room

Sponsor: Environmental Studies Program