Visiting the Hill this week

Feature-Image_Place-HolderWINTER31

TUESDAY

Communicating Effectively with Federal Program Officials in the Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences

Details: The event will discuss developing strategies for building relationships with federal program officers and finding the federal agencies and grant mechanisms that best fit individual research interests.

When and Where: 9 -- 10 p.m., Cabot Intercultural Center, Room 702

Sponsors: Office of the Vice Provost for Research, Office of Proposal Development, Lewis-Burke Associates

The Economics Department Seminar Series: The Housing and Educational Consequences of the School Choice Provisions of NCLB: Evidence from Charlotte, N.C.

Details: Associate Professor of Economics at the University of Connecticut Eric Brunner will present on his findings from his research on consequences from the No Child Left Behind initiative in Charlotte,  N.C.

When and Where: 4:30 -- 5:45 p.m., Lincoln Filene Center, Rabb Room

Sponsors: Department of Economics

The Socio-Sonic Circuitry of Afro-Latino Music in the Caribbean: From Bomba, Son Jarocho and the Palos to Hip Hop and Reggaeton

Details: Raquel Rivera, Ph.D. will present the inaugural lecture of the Consortium of Studies in Race, Colonialism and Diaspora: Tracing the Roots of Afro-Latino Musical Traditions in the Caribbean, following a performance at 12 p.m. in Distler Peformance Hall.

When and Where: 5 -- 6:30 p.m., Alumnae Hall

Sponsors: The Consortium of Studies in Race, Colonialism and Diaspora, the Latino Center, Department of Music, the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs, Department of Anthropology, the Africana Center, the Latin American Studies program, Lambda Pi Chi Sorority, Inc.

Poetry at Tufts, featuring Eileen Myles and Alan Felsenthal

Details: Poets Eileen Myles and Alan Felsenthal will present a reading from their works.

When and Where: 6 p.m., Fung House

Sponsors: Center for the Humanities at Tufts (CHAT), Department of English

WEDNESDAY

Art History Lecture Series: Passion in Paradise: Liturgical Devotions for Holy Week in a Gradual From Paradies Bei Soest

Details: Kuno Francke Professor of German Art and Culture Jeffrey Hamburger will present.

When and Where: 5:30 -- 7 p.m., Fine Arts House

Sponsors: Department of Art and Art History

FRIDAY

Title IX Teach-In

Details: The Graduate Consortium in Women’s Studies, the Educational Studies Program and the Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies program will host a day-long Title IX teach-in to create dialogue and a forum for discussion between and among faculty, staff, administrators and students in the Boston area.

When and Where: 9 a.m. -- 5 p.m., Alumnae Lounge

Sponsors: The Graduate Consortium in Women’s Studies, the Educational Studies Program, the Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies Program, the LGBT Center and the Women’s Center

SUNDAY

Tufts Community Day

Details: Tufts will host its 12th annual Community Day, which is open to the local community and will feature performances by the Jackson Jills, the Beelzebubs, BEATS and more.

When and Where: 11 a.m. -- 3 p.m., Academic Quad

Sponsors: Office of Community Relations