Police Briefs

policebriefs

Library Caper

On Sept. 16 at 3:45 p.m., a student studying in Tisch Library reported to Tufts University Police Department (TUPD) that her wallet and pocketbook had been taken when she left her seat to make copies.

Complaint Filer

On Sept. 18 at 1:12 p.m., a man entered the Office of Community Relations at 120 Packard Avenue. Upon entering, he wrote down some complaints, noting that he was not pleased with TUPD and construction on Tufts campus. TUPD officers commented that he should have come to the TUPD station in Dowling Hall.

The Real Slim

On Sept. 19 an intoxicated student at Houston Hall was questioned by TUPD officers at 1:44 a.m. When asked what his name was, the student responded, “Slim.” He was subsequently transported to Somerville Hospital.

Sink Attack

At 10:55 p.m. TUPD received a report of a female student suffering from a head injury in Lewis Hall. The student was unsure of how she had received the injury, but theorized that she had fallen and hit a sink in the bathroom. She also reported that she had consumed approximately six shots and was subsequently transported to the hospital.

Room Confusion

TUPD received a report on Sept. 20 of a fight in progress in Bush Hall at 2:27 a.m. When officers arrived at the scene, they encountered a student who was attempting to enter a room that did not belong to him. However, the student insisted that the room was, in fact, his. In support of this claim, he pointed to the name on the door, which was not his name. The student was bleeding from the mouth. Officers were unsure of the cause of his injury. The student, when questioned, gave two stories. First, that he fell on his way back to Bush Hall returning from a party on College Avenue. He then revised his story and claimed that he had been punched by someone at the College Avenue party. The student was then transported to the hospital.

Mini-Fridge Mishap

An intoxicated female was reported to TUPD at 11:58 p.m. in South Hall. The female was a visiting student from Wellesley College, and admitted that she had consumed five shots of vodka. The Tufts student she was visiting was under 21 and was seen by TUPD officers with a bottle of vodka in his mini-fridge. The vodka was confiscated.

Two First Names

On Sept. 21 at 1:19 a.m. an intoxicated student was reported to TUPD officers seen leaving South Hall. When TUPD arrived at the scene, the student was soon discovered near Latin Way. The student’s eyes were bloodshot, and he had difficulty standing. He claimed not to be the person initially reported to TUPD. Eventually, the person who had called TUPD arrived and identified the student as the person he had seen leaving South Hall. When asked for his name, the intoxicated student first replied “Tommy,” and then “Anthony.” TUPD officers eventually located his ID and discovered his real name. After Tufts Emergency Medical Services arrived, the student was allowed to sign a refusal of treatment form.

Laptop Larceny

At 9 a.m. on Sept. 22 a student reported a theft from his Goddard Hall locker. The student said that he had locked his laptop in a locker the previous night, but when he returned in the morning, it was missing.

Bag Burglary

A student reported at 2 p.m. that he had left a bag unattended for five minutes in Tisch Library. When he returned, the bag had vanished. The bag was eventually located in front of Steve Tisch Sports and Fitness Center, but it had been emptied of its contents.