Pooja likes puppy chow

Last semester at Tisch, Pooja and I ran in to one of the editors of the Daily, Nick Golden. He asked us what our article was going to be about and we said it was called “Over*Cher*ing.” He replied, “Over sharing, isn’t that what you do every week?”

Pooja and I realize that we share quite a bit of information about our lives. For instance, Pooja’s inflexibility or her lack of fortitude when it comes to the gym are some of my favorite things to divulge about her, but I would never reveal her deep secrets. On the other hand, Pooja makes no bones about revealing my character flaws. At times, I can be quick to judge. Pooja writes down the quips and insults that I say in these moments and uses them in her creative writing pieces. So, Pooja and I have no boundaries; especially when it comes to each other. This willingness to over share is the reason that our column is the best Thursday advice column. We ask that you follow our lead and share some of your questions. Asking questions should be less intimidating for you than answering them is for us. Our Google Doc is anonymous, so Pooja and I are the only one’s whose future job prospects will be hurt when we’re Googled and the first thing that comes up is “Is this a sex column?” With another plea for questions under my belt, let’s answer some of our remaining ones.

Dear NYSD,

What are your favorite baked goods? I would like to drop some off at your houses.

Rebecca: When we were freshman, Pooja had two obsessions: Nutella and Hodgon brownies. I would like to say that with age, her palette has matured, but it has not. Anything with Nutella in it is a sure way to Pooja’s heart. If one is feeling particularly ambitious, one will trick-turn her 10 brownies, Pooja’s favorite thing to do with her leftover meals. Freshman year, you could tell where she went by following the trail of half-eaten brownies. I don’t have a favorite baked good; I love all of them. Asking me to make that decision is, as a genius once said, like “asking me if I want to cut off my right arm or my left arm.” I would give you our addresses but Pooja and I are aware that our new fame has made us quite hot commodities, so ask our editor for that information.

Dear NYSD,

My friend is in love with my other friend's girlfriend and whenever they come to my apartment he gets way too drunk because he's sad and passes out and such or makes an ass out of himself. I don't want all of them to come over at once but it's hard to choose one over the other, and they all come over anyway.

Dear reader, Rebecca and I realize that while we do get a lot of these more serious types of questions, we very deliberately avoid them. It’s not that we don’t acknowledge the severity of your queries -- some of them are downright terrifying. The reason we very strategically glance over and skip to the humorous ones is because we are at a complete loss on how to give constructive advice. However, 2015 is the year of bold moves, so here goes nothing. I suggest it's time you find a distraction, preferably a comical one. The best way to change your life from a soap opera to a dysfunctional comedy is to change the channel. No one said "How I Met Your Mother" (2005-2014) was the perfect example of healthy relationships, but at least their interventions were comical. You’re not a part of this heartbreak triangle, so try not to dwell in it.

Have a great break and we expect a lot more spring break-related questions from you next week!