Don’t call it a comeback

Rebecca: Surprisingly, our column, New York Style Delhi, has gotten renewed. Pooja and I would like to think it has to do with her great writing skills and my hysterical puns, but we know better. After a semester of sharing our Google Doc on Facebook and reading harsh comments on the Daily site, we have to thank you, the Reader! Your support (and from some of you, your hatred) has motivated us. But we can’t only thank the reader; our seat was unchallenged, obviously meaning all other opponents were scared of us. We’re going to count it as a "W" anyway.

This winter break has left us more refreshed than normal. This winter break, Pooja and I had another one of our countless sleepovers, except this one was in China. After seeing her thrive on her own turf, I am reassured that Pooja is much cooler than she seems and is definitely the best writing partner I could ask for. So I’ll let her choose all of the questions this week.

Dear NYSD, I'm studying abroad in Israel and my wife of two years is studying in Paris. We're used to a primarily physical relationship, how do we make it work so far from each other?

Rebecca: That sounds like a typical Tufts problem. For the average person at Tufts, by the time he/she is an upperclassman, has either had a relationship end because his/her partner went abroad or knows someone this has happened to. It seems, however, that you and your partner are quite serious -- you’re married, for two years! WOW! And assuming that you’re abroad as juniors, that means that you found each other as first-years. If only we could all be so lucky. I would not worry about it. I am sure that your relationship is one for the ages like Romeo and Juliet, or any couple in a Nicholas Sparks novel. Moreover, this seems eerily similar to two of my friends, Nacob and Jayana, but their relationship is still going strong. Their secret is communication. As long as you speak often, the physical chemistry will not go away.

Dear NYSD, I am a lost boy wondering what I should do on a tinder date?

Pooja: Well, since Tinder is basically the new OkCupid, the first Tinder date is crucial. The best way to run a Tinder date is to plan ahead. Make sure the menu is set, the flight tickets are booked and the horse carriage is reserved. Come up with 50-100 good lines to use throughout the night. For example, “You come here often?”, “We can find love in a hopeless place” and “Are you wearing space pants?” (Because your ass is outta this world). If you are cooking for your date, make sure to throw away the box. Put on your best denim shirt and your best denim jeans. Make sure you time it so you are still cooking when your date arrives, so you look good cookin’ (good lookin’). Pick out your favorite Mac DeMarco songs to set the mood. Finally, make sure there is no physical contact – eye contact is key. Stare into your date’s eyes until you feel like they are falling in love with you. While your eyes are locked, tell your date five things about them that made you fall for them. Follow these simple steps and you’ll have your date convinced that they chose right when they swiped right.

That’s all for this week (our first week back)! Please continue submitting your questions to our forum – contrary to popular misconception, we do actually answer real questions. Stay tuned for our upcoming weeks where we complain about snow and teach you how to find love!