Top ten things that people really need to stop Instagram-ing this fall

It’s October and we all know what that means -- horrible pictures of people drinking Pumpkin Spice Lattes and picking apples in their Ugg boots. That’s right, every student with an iPhone and the compulsion to prove to their friends from home how cozy fall in New England is will be fighting to the death to take a picture of that one orange tree on the Hill. This fall, the Daily Arts section begs our loyal readers to cease and desist.  Force yourself to be a little more creative and lay off of the easy fall tropes. XOXO, Arts

10. Foliage: Dude, even people in Florida know that trees change color. Give it up. You’re never going to get that job at National Geographic with pictures of lonely trees.

9. Cider donuts: Though they are delicious, brown balls of dough aren't exactly photogenic. And no, “Walden” won’t make it look any better.

8. Pumpkin patches: Fun and festive, pumpkin patches are the perfect place to get a huge pumpkin to carve or eat. But you and your buddies touching and making out with every single pumpkin out there as little kids watch in horror isn’t so cool.

7. Chunky sweaters: SO ORIGINAL -- YOU AND YOUR BIG GOODWILL SWEATER WILL CHANGE THE INTERNET WORLD.

6. Beanies: Beanies are cool but you’re not cool for wearing one ... especially inside. Is it a little nippy in the Reading Room, hmm? Snowing in Tisch?

5. Camping trip over Columbus Day weekend: Guys! Just have fun! You don’t need to document every s’more, every barren tree and every stop at Dunkin' Donuts.

4. Leaves on the ground: You're just tilting your camera down to take a picture of nature's garbage.

3. Starbucks cups: “They’re red now guys?! Do you see?! RED!"

2. Sexy Halloween costumes: Sexy mouse. Sexy Chewbacca. Sexy Tony Monaco. So good.

1. Nails painted in warm, neutral tones: You are taking Pinterest to the next level, that’s for sure. Unfortunately, your finger nails are boring. So are you.